StatCounter

Thursday, June 10, 2004

A Good Week

This has been an unusually good week so far. So good, I'm finding it hard to post an entry. A quick summary:

Last week: 0 patients
This week: 9 patients (so far)

My ad appeared in The Quarterly, a locally distributed magazine that is mailed free to all residences in the area. I believe it goes out to about 30,000 households. But none of the 9 patients called because of the ad.

I met with the local Kiwanis group, and there are a lot of local business leaders. Seems like a good way to network.

I did 45 sports physicals on Tuesday at the local high school in 3 1/2 hours. It was the assembly line model, with me and a physical medicine doctor doing the doctorly duties. Quite exhausting! But I got paid $15 for each physical. With this week's income, I actually generated enough income to pay for my office rent this month. Whoopee!

Did my first pap smear today in my office. The patient did not want to bring along anyone she knew to chaperone, so I enlisted our children's nanny to step in for chaperoning duties, which she cheerfully performed. I also paid her $10 for 15 minutes of work, which is worth it to me.

I think I'm going to have to start sending out bills soon. Most patients I've been seeing lately have insurance, but I haven't gotten around to filling out those HCFA-1500 forms. Should I do it by hand, or sign up for Medrium at $25 a month? Hmmm...

I have to finish my talk on Anti-Aging for tomorrow's Senior Center lecture. Plus I have been continuing to work half-day shifts at Kaiser (12 patients in 3 1/2 hours). Busy, busy, busy. I hope it stays this way.