StatCounter

Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Giving it a shot

I'm still waiting for the landlord to return from his trip so I can sign a lease on the office space. He said he needs 30 days to give notice to the current tenant, and 2 weeks to fix up the office. That means I probably won't be able to move in by December 1st. I'll probably have to move back my target start date.

In the meantime, I asked the head nurse at our clinic yesterday if I could practice giving flu shots today. She smiled and gave me one of those bemused looks that one gives a child when he asks, "Can I listen to your heart?" as he places the stethoscope on your head. She must have been thinking, "How cute! The doctor wants to give shots."

It has been a few years since I've given a shot to anyone, but I do cortisone injections a lot, so it certainly couldn't be that difficult. What I'll really need practice in is giving pediatric immunizations to a screaming at the top of his lungs, kicking your teeth out 2 year old toddler who can't be bribed with a lollipop. Maybe I should add chloral hydrate to my list of startup supplies?

Countdown: 76 more days until target start date